A bug fix and enhancement-rich release for Memberlite is here. In this release, we focused on improvements to better prepare Memberlite for planned child theme development. We have also added a few new features, tightened up security, and improved the overall theme for design and customization.
Theme updates can be made directly in your WordPress site’s admin under Dashboard > Updates > Update Themes.View the Theme Directory Listing
Improving the Membership Account Experience
In this update, we took at look at how sites are using Memberlite alongside Paid Memberships Pro. We added additional support for certain field types, adjusted the handling of the frontend Member Profile Editing experience, and also made a change for the Membership Account area.
The Memberlite theme will no longer automatically show all child pages of the “Membership Account” page in the sidebar on the main Membership Account page or any of its child pages. You should build your own custom “Membership Account” sidebar menu in place this generated menu. You can add this menu to a widget area for all the pages of the account area using the Custom Sidebars features in the Memberlite Elements plugin.
Preparing for Child Themes
In a the coming weeks we will be releasing the first child theme: Words. Memberlite Words is a lightweight child theme, designed to be minimalistic and unobtrusive. The theme lets your content be the hero of the story. We see it as a perfect fit for writers, bloggers, and content creators.Words Theme Preview
The full list of changes is detailed below:
- SECURITY: Escaped
get_template_directory_uriin inc/admin.php that was missing.
- BUG FIX: Fixed bug where sidebar would show below content if “No Sidebar” layout was chosen in theme options.
- BUG FIX: Fixed undefined variable
- BUG FIX: Removed old CSS not used anymore by block editor for gallery block.
- BUG FIX: Now allowing
timeas allowed HTML for the sanitization of post meta before and after values from Customizer.
- BUG FIX: Updated Customizer CSS to fix potential override of header background image with specified
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted support for Nav Menus Add On to better detect member-specific menus.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Added styles to avoid word wrap in specific form input fields for Columns block compatibility.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted
alignfullas block editor styles to fix bugs with column layouts.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Now hiding the sidebar child pages menu if this is a membership account page or a child of it.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Updated all color schemes and customizer controls to include header background color for preview and save.
- BUG FIX/ENHANCEMENT: Updated search results to check post type before adding
- ENHANCEMENT: Added styles to highlight the current page item in the subpages sidebar display.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added styles to
selecttype form inputs to match other form fields display.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated to Font Awesome version 5.14.0.
- ENHANCEMENT: Checking to see if menu
theme_locationexists before calling
wp_nav_menufor certain menus.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added in backwards compatibility for
wp_body_open(required to call at the top of the
- ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted stylesheet to include tested up to and PHP versions.
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Memberlite Guide to support child themes via the
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated Memberlite Guide to allow child themes to filter recommended and integrated plugins via
- ENHANCEMENT: Added
memberlite_defaultsfilter for child themes or plugin to adjust theme default options.
- ENHANCEMENT: Wrapped replacement variables for the post meta before and after in a unique span for styling via CSS.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added
memberlite_show_header_rightfilter to hide header right area in logo space.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added
memberlite_login_redirect_tofunction and filter to get the
redirect_toURL attribute used for “Log In” links.
- ENHANCEMENT: Adjusted appearance of headings and form elements on the new Member Profile Edit page in PMPro.
- REFACTOR: Added new function
memberlite_get_fontto return the header or body font from theme options.