Version 3.0.3 of Memberlite theme is out with a handful of bug fixes and enhancements. We also fixed a bug with our update server that was causing issues with automatic updates. So if you were having trouble updating before, it may work now.
About the Update
Memberlite is still free to download and update, and we still plan to move the plugin into the WordPress.org repository. Many of the bug fixes in this update were part of the theme repository review process, however there is still work to be done before we can do that. The theme repository has strict rules on what kinds of functionality can be included in themes and what kinds of functionality are “plugin territory”.
The custom sidebars and post banner functions of Memberlite need to be moved into their own plugins. The bad news is that this will take some time and force Memberlite users at some point to install and activate those plugins, although we’ll do our best to make installing those plugins as easy as possible. The good news is that users of other themes will be able to take advantage of that functionality.
If you are running an edited version of Memberlite or Memberlite with a child theme, please update the theme from the updates page of your WordPress dashboard. You can also get the latest version of Memberlite here.
The full list of updates is below.
- SECURITY: Escaping login/logout URLs, account/profile URLs, landing page level URL, home_url.
- BUG FIX: Fixed float for Full Width and Narrow Width page templates when default pages layout set to left sidebar.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Wrapping welcome text in header and a few other strings for translation.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Added comment support to pages.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed abbr and heading tag use on PMPro checkout page.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Fixed text link color issue for cancel button.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: Setting the content width on after_setup_theme hook now.
- BUG/ENHANCEMENT: No longer enqueuing jQuery directly. It is set as a dependency for our JS files.
- NOTE: Added Copyright section to the readme.
- NOTE: The
get_the_content_after_morefunctions are now prefixed,
- NOTE/ENHACEMENT: Now only showing the post meta generated by
memberlite_get_entry_meta()on the post CPT.
- NOTE/ENHANCEMENT: Now only showing the footer widgets primary background stripe if there are active widgets in the area.
- ENHANCEMENT: Added CSS for JetPack contact form submission/results blockquote.
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved breadcrumbs for custom post type archives and custom taxonomies
- ENHANCEMENT: Improved page title for custom post type archives and custom taxonomies
- ENHANCEMENT: Updated bbPress single forum topic title output.